cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generation tool for Std. Peripheral library?

uc2013135191
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2014 at 16:41

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a tool like STM32CubeMX to generate initialization code with the standard peripheral library.

The Cube is too new and still needs to mature but i do like the STM32CubeMX tool.
2 REPLIES 2
Lead
Posted on December 28, 2014 at 14:00

I was wondering if there is a tool like STM32CubeMX to generate initialization code with the standard peripheral library.

I think not - except this one sitting in front of the keyboard.

The Cube is too new and still needs to mature but i do like the STM32CubeMX tool.

You share this opinion with many others, and perhaps only ST marketing guys would dissent.

But you should keep in mind that the Cube tool shares one shortcoming with other 'wizards' and code generation tools - it allows for all use cases and combinations the designers could envision. This might not cover your application or specific needs.

And some times, patching auto-generated code is more troublesome and time-consuming than writing everthing from scratch.

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on January 06, 2015 at 17:13

Hello,

There is no plan for STM32CubeMX to support code generation for standard peripheral libraries, nor there is a plan to develop a new code generation tool for this purpose.

Best Regards