cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B and mifare classic supporting

wan512
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2017 at 10:13

I've bought one X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 board, all ST25R3911B_Discovery_GUI functions work fine.

But i cannot find the mifare classic function on the GUI. Is there any update for this?  Where can i find the mifare classic supporting firmware and its source code?

BTW. the 

X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 have Arduino compatible pins, is there any official RFHal OO porting for mbed platform? If so, many MCUs can work with ST25R3911B easier, not only F4, L4 family.

#mbed #mifare #st25r3911b-disco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

yes, mifare_ul.c,h relates to Mifare Ultralight/T2T (non-crypto) tags.

ST25R3911B can send and receive all the frames required for Mifare Classic (with crypto1 cipher) based communication.

Unfortunately we cannot provide you sources for doing this.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Andrej medved
Associate
Posted on March 01, 2018 at 14:39

Have you checked in DISCO project. I found mifare commands in mifare_ul...

Posted on April 05, 2018 at 03:03

thanks,i'll check for that.

kompetent
Associate II

commands in mifare_ul.c are probably related to mifare ultra light but not mifare classic.

from the code (in file dispatcher.c)

#ifdef HAS_MCC

#include "mcc.h"

#include "mcc_raw_request.h"

#endif /* HAS_MCC */

and then:

#ifdef HAS_MCC

static ReturnCode processMifare(const uint8_t *rxData, uint16_t rxSize, uint8_t *txData, uint16_t *txSize);

#endif

and again:

#ifdef HAS_MCC

else if ((protocol & 0xf0) == 0xe0)

{ /* mifare commands */

err = mccDeinitialise(0);

}

#endif​ 

and so on ...

so basically what is needed to support mifare classic is finding these two files (mcc.h and mcc_raw_request.h) or implement your own.

I hope someone from ST answers this question here.

kompetent
Associate II

Above comment is related to SW dev package for ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

yes, mifare_ul.c,h relates to Mifare Ultralight/T2T (non-crypto) tags.

ST25R3911B can send and receive all the frames required for Mifare Classic (with crypto1 cipher) based communication.

Unfortunately we cannot provide you sources for doing this.

Regards, Ulysses

kompetent
Associate II

Hi,

So, let me put it this way, if there is an agreement between someone (like me) and NXP, that means I have access to the documents from NXP which are supposed to be enough for implementing the Mifare classic support. On the other hand ST has this SDK and apparently these missing files exist somewhere, but are removed from SDK for some reasons. So, is it not possible that customers who have signed NDA document with NXP get this files from ST?

BR

Kompetenmt IT

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I would like to support you here but I cannot do so at the moment due to legal reasons. Even if you prove that you have an NDA with NXP.

I am sorry!

Ulysses

kompetent
Associate II

So many issues make this embedded programing world even more exciting 🙂 Thank you for your reply.