cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDADC DMA Fills Buffer With 0x7FFF

spflanze
Associate II
Posted on July 27, 2016 at 05:06

The processor is an STM32F373VCT6. I am software triggering SDADC1 every second using this call each time:

HAL_SDADC_InjectedStart_DMA( &hsdadc1, (uint32_t *)SDADC1_Data, SDADC1_Data_Size );

The DMA buffer size has 200 elements and SDADC1_Data is a type uint16_t array. Before calling HAL_SDADC_InjectedStart_DMA() for the first time I prefilled all elements of SDADC_Data with a value of 0x1 so I know for sure DMA is filling it with something.

The input to SDADC1 is set for single ended zero volt reference mode.

For testing one of the two inputs it scans is connected to ground, and the other is connected to VDDA.

DMA is filling each element of SDADC1_Data[] with the value 0x7FFF when SDADC1 is software triggered. It does not seem to matter what the input voltage is. The conversion data is always 0x7FFF. I need to know what has gone wrong here. Any help with this will be much appreciated.

The attached files:

''Processor Power & Gnd.png'' is an excerpt from the schematic that shows the power and ground connections to the processor.

''TEC_Driver_True_Studio.ioc'' is the STM32CubeMX project file that the firmware project was initially generated from.

0 REPLIES 0