cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDADC and ADC Calibration Time Interval

spflanze
Associate II
Posted on August 29, 2016 at 22:44

If a processor is to be run continuously for weeks, months, even a year or more is it sufficient to calibrate the SDADC and ADC once at power up, or would there be a benefit to calibrating at regular time intervals? If so what should that time interval be?

The processor I am using is an STM32F373VCT6.

#calibration-stm32
2 REPLIES 2
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on August 30, 2016 at 13:22

Hi  Stephen, 

As mentionned in both STM32F373x reference manual and datasheet: It is recommended to do calibration at each power-up.

For the SDADC, the calibration starts as soon as any ongoing activity (stabilization or a

conversion) is finished, or immediately if the SDADC is stabilized and idle. When stabilization finishes, precedence dictates that the calibration sequence will execute first, followed by the injected scan sequence, and then finally the regular conversion is performed.

For more details refere to both chapter in reference manual  

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/fa/06/c7/15/3b/2a/4c/f1/DM00041563.pdf/files/DM00041563.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00041563.pdf

''12 Analog -to-digital converter (ADC)'' and ''13. Sigma-delta-analog converter (SDADC)''

-Hannibal-

spflanze
Associate II
Posted on August 30, 2016 at 18:15

I am already calibrating at power up. My concern is whether what is calibrated will drift significantly over time. In this case I will want to calibrate at regular intervals. Will the calibration lose accuracy with time?