cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot locate core_cmInstr.h

FLast.11
Associate III
Posted on January 05, 2017 at 03:07

Hello, i am new in linux, i am using the STM32 Crypto lib and try to work on the RSA part,

i am using linux command build.

I get the error of

core_cm3.h:136:95: fatal error: core_cmInstr.h: No such file or directory

mInstr.h>

and i read this

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Search-Path.html

i was able to locate the core_cmInstr.h in CMSIS and i have try to more it to the directories as mentioned in the above link.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks~

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 05, 2017 at 04:43

core_cm3.h and core_cmInstr.h should  be in the same directory, normally CMSIS/Include

You might want to review the Include Paths and determine where it it is pulling the core file from so you have contemporaneous file versions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 05, 2017 at 07:07

Clive One wrote:

core_cm3.h and core_cmInstr.h should  be in the same directory, normally CMSIS/Include

You might want to review the Include Paths and determine where it it is pulling the core file from so you have contemporaneous file versions.

yes but the as the include are <> not ''

so this is not work for placing the same directories and 

for the latter,

how can i review the the Include Paths and determine where it it is pulling the core file from so you have contemporaneous file versions.?

How can i do the above ?

thanks

Posted on January 06, 2017 at 22:12

If you are using GNU/GCC via a makefile you could look at what -I options are being feed into the compiler. If you are using some IDE you'll need to dig into the metadata/option for the project and see where it is defining the C/C++ compiler settings for Include Paths.

In the CMSIS v4.10 both core_cmInstr.h and core_cm3.h reside in the same CMSIS\Include directory, why they would be in different directories on your system, and why it finds one and not the other, would really be a matter for specific analysis of your system, and the build/make process you are using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 11, 2017 at 05:28

thanks i have solved the problem.