cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f407 gui on pc via usb

zarkscon
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 16:49

Hi, I have made a project and I want to control some parameter's values from my pc's screen using usb communication.. Is there any easy way to make a simple GUI and control these values?

PS: I've never made a GUI before, I am new in these paths so even some tutorials or sample codes would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 17:11

Microsoft has a number of languages and tools for developing desktop applications.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff657751%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zarkscon
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 17:26

Is any of these compatible with STM32F4? Have you used any?

zarkscon
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 20:44

Well I digged a bit deeper into this subject and I found out that many projects use ethernet and Qt creator.. My board has no ethernet compatibility and I can't find any example code using Qt on stm32f4..

Any help appreciated!

Posted on April 25, 2015 at 21:28

Windows has no specific need to know anything about the processor on your device. Look for generic solutions using built-in drivers, and USB HID, or others. Perhaps there are some Visual Basic or C# examples. People use Ethernet, or specifically TCP/IP, so the can provide an interface via a HTTP web page.

I've used Microsoft C to build console application, GUI applications as well as port/filter drivers, and file system drivers. That's a bit outside the scope of this forum.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..