Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU with WFI (wait for interrupt) mode enable

brochn
Associate
Posted on December 16, 2014 at 19:20

Hello,

I have a stm32f429 discovery kit. To discover the board, I was trying to modify the ADC_DMA example to show on the screen of my board the internal temperature of the MCU.

After many improvement, I have successed to write at 1 sps the temperature on the screen. At this point, I implemented the idea to put the CPU un sleep mode between 2 ADC reading. I have also use the function  void __WFI(void) to have my CPU waiting an interrupt from the DMA when the new value is available.

Unfortunatly, now, I can't control the CPU throw the JTAG. I'm not able to download a new program into my MCU Flash.

I have searched on the internet, and it seems my problem come from my use of the wait for interrupt mode.

Is there a solution to reset my MCU or do I have to change of board?

Best regards

Nicolas
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 16, 2014 at 19:42

I have searched on the internet, and it seems my problem come from my use of the wait for interrupt mode.

Is there a solution to reset my MCU or do I have to change of board?

Strap BOOT0 to VDD and reset the board, the connect with ST-Link Utilities and erase the part. The trick with BOOT(0) is it gets the part to run the System Loader instead of your broken code. When done disconnect BOOT0, and start over.

You may also be able to change the connection option to ''connect under reset''
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
brochn
Associate
Posted on December 19, 2014 at 16:51

Thank you very much for this information. It was really usefull.