Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f429 discovery gui_init

artemryvkin
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2015 at 11:04

Hello

I'm using stemwin library for stm32f429 discovery. I just try to create simple project like - ''Hello world''. And my program hangs in GUI_init, namely in _DMA_Fill in line:

while (DMA2D->CR & DMA2D_CR_START) {

//__WFI();                                        // Sleep until next interrupt

}

I have been trying to identify this hanging in file stm32f4xx_it, setting breakpoints in different interrupt handler, but my program doesn't enter any of these handlers..

DMA2D_IRQHandler 

LTDC_ER_IRQHandler                                   

B       .    <- Program goes to this line

ENDP

ALIGN

3 REPLIES 3
manuel239955
Associate II
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 11:40

I have the exact same problem, but with the stm32f7 discovery board. I tried to port the configs of stemwin from the hello world- example and the Demonstration example to a CubeMX-Based Program.

I dont know what to do. I could not find any stemwin-Example using cubeMX.

Do I have to configure DMA2D with cubeMX?

I would really appreciate any help or tip.

Posted on September 22, 2015 at 10:57

Hi Cube2,

You can configure the peripheral DAM2D through CubeMx by activating it in the Pinout View, and you can set parameters in Configuration View.

-Shahrzad-

manuel239955
Associate II
Posted on September 22, 2015 at 12:04

Thanks for your reply, however, that was not the only point. I got it running.

It would have been really helpful if there was an example using stemwin with cubeMX.

I successfully initalized everything (DMA2d, LTDC; seems like DMA is not needed, it works without DMA initialized), removed any ''BSP''- code from LCDConfig.C.

BSP_SDRAM_Initialization_sequence() is needed from the HelloWorld.c-Example, otherwise it hangs in that loop. I call this function in main.c after the CubeMX-Init.

I could not find any better place to place that function, i think

MX_FMC_Init would be right, but there are no

''USER CODE BEGIN''/END Tags where i could add it, so it has to happen in main.c.