cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX bug: stm32f4xx_hal_crc.c is not included in IAR project

childresss
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 00:51

After adding the CRC peripheral for an STM32F415 project...

CubeMX bug: stm32f4xx_hal_crc.c is not included in IAR project.

The main.c code does have the code to create a handle and all the init code is brought in.  But stm32f4xx_hal_crc.c is not in the project's Driver folders, either CMSIS or the HAL drivers folder.

The compiler thus errors, with  HAL_CRC_Init not found.

If I  manually add stm32f4xx_hal_crc.c to the project, no more errors.

So CubeMX forgot to include the .c but did everything else OK.

4 REPLIES 4
childresss
Associate II
Posted on May 01, 2015 at 06:11

That bug reported for release 4.6 did NOT get fixed in 4.7. What is the configuration management and  bug tracking system used by ST for its tools?

Lead
Posted on May 01, 2015 at 12:57

That bug reported for release 4.6 did NOT get fixed in 4.7. What is the configuration management and  bug tracking system used by ST for its tools?

And what is the test coverage for those CubeMX releases ?

It would probably be helpful to publish some kind of test matrix: which example was tested with wich hardware (board), and which CubeMX version, and perhaps including test results.

Not to speak of tests with peripheral combinations...

As an hobbyist in the MCU world, I can easily shun such stuff, and hold on to working tools/libraries. I have not yet regretted the decision to stick to the SPL...

chrif
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2015 at 16:05

Hi,

I've created a new project with cubeMx 4.7.1. I've generated an IAR and MDK-ARM projects for STM32F415 with CRC peripheral activated, I had no compilation errors, and the file stm32f4xx_hal_crc.c were there.