cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX, IAR code regeneration ''project generation have a problem'' it says

childresss
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2015 at 23:27

A recurring big problem with CubeMX (all versions. using v4.7/latest now)....

After making pin mapping and peripheral config changes, I run GENERATE CODE, as often I do. Too often I get this from CubeMX:

''The Code is successfully generated under (mypathname), but EWARM 6.70 project generation have (sic) a problem.''

The EWARM 6.70 part is irrelevant - I use a much later version of EWARM.

It's telling me that all the sources were regenerated but it got some unsaid error when regenerating the IAR EWARM project files.

I don't know what I do that causes these errors to begin after many prior error-free sessions. No big changes in file/folder tree arrangement.

If I continue to ignore the error, I can get IAR to build and run with ST-Link OK.  I dearly wish the error message would give some semblance of a clue as to the error that occurred.

17 REPLIES 17
childresss
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2015 at 19:20

ST?

Anyone?

childresss
Associate II
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 00:26

Anyone - ST ?

Please?

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 15:30

Hello Steve,

It happens that sometimes some files get set in ''access denied'' mode by EWARM preventing successful MX project generation. Trying to generate again usually works. Please let us know if you have identified some actions that leads systematically to the problem.

childresss
Associate II
Posted on May 01, 2015 at 05:57

Thank you for the reply.

Your recommendation

''Trying to generate again usually works. ''

Do you mean to simply run CubeMX's Generate Code? I've done this many times, before posting here. No help. I can launch the eww file and build/run/debug as usual.

I can't say what causes it - other than generally it happens often, after using CubeMX without error. Once it happens, there's no cure other than to abandon and start anew. This is far too onerous, as I've found no way to more or less export the configs.
olegh
Associate
Posted on May 06, 2015 at 13:41

I have same problem, too. Try to place your project into folder without spaces and international letters in name. It usually helps to me.

childresss
Associate II
Posted on May 18, 2015 at 18:18

More than one user reports this problem. Spaces in path name isn't the cause.

ST, PLEASE RESPOND.

spa23
Associate III
Posted on May 28, 2015 at 15:20

I have same problem, too....

denny2
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2015 at 11:23

I have the same problem:

STMCubeMX generates all the code necessary, except it doesn't create a ''EWARM'' directory (nor any content). If I create this myself and use IAR to set up a Project I can use the code generated. What gives?

Edit: If I change the directory to a not so deep path it works! A nested path six directories deep doesn't, but two does.

hexel2
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2015 at 18:55

As for me, a looked toward filepath with spec characters/spaces. for the time CubeMX was installed, it worked good, but today refused to make a EWARM files for me. the reason was a russian-named folders, containing repository.

moving reps to simple-named folder had overcome the issue