cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st-vlink v2 no target connected

vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 09:40

hi, im trying to connect a STM32F107VCT6 to flash it, but the st-linkv2 doesnt detect it.

I have conected pins:

4--GROUND

6--GROUND

7--SWDIO---------------------------PIN 72  MICROCONTROLER

8--GROUND

9--SECLK---------------------------PIN 76  MICROCONTROLER

10--GROUND

12-- GROUND.

14--GROUND

16--GROUND

18 --GROUND

20--GROUND

but still doesnt conect.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Its says that has no power supply detected and either doesnt detect the stm32 too.

#stm32f107vct6-no-detection
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 13:19

Its says that has no power supply detected and either doesnt detect the stm32 too.

That would be because you need to provide the target system supply via pin 1 to power the interface/buffering logic on the External ST-LINK/V2. You might also consider connecting NRST. Be sure to select SWD connectivity, not JTAG.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 15:07

supply how much volts? from the micro controller? what pin?

THANK YOU!!!

Posted on January 07, 2015 at 15:43

supply how much volts? from the micro controller? what pin?

It would be the 3V, 3.3V or whatever you're running the micro at. Pin 1 of the 20-pin header, the VDD of the STM32, you'd want to check the datasheet for the pinout of your device, which I don't have to hand. Make sure to connect both VDD and VDDA of your design, the analogue supply runs several things, including the power-on-reset circuit.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 21:59

hi, pin1 powerup and still nothing...

Posted on January 07, 2015 at 22:24

hi, pin1 powerup and still nothing...

Not much to go on there...

Same messages, or different ones?

Do you have something like a schematic?

What voltage do you see on the NRESET/NRST pin?
vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 23:28

yes i have an schematic, send you by private post. ok?

vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2015 at 23:30

same messages, the schematic are an adaptation of other board, made by his creator.

Maybe it is not funtional, but its powered correctly and the micro would almost run. isnt it?

vivelavida911
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2015 at 00:08

the micro is autosupplied, so dont need 3.3 volts pin 1.

Posted on January 08, 2015 at 00:18

Well if you have BOOT0 strapped High, and access to USART1 via PA9/PA10 you could try to see if the system loader was responsive. Send 0x7F at 9600 8E1 and check for 0x79 response (RealTerm Hex Mode)

Other than that you'd want to make sure you have the JTAG header correctly pinned, ie not mirror or otherwise miss configured, and the cables at both ends are correctly orientated.

The ARM standard is pin 1 is the TARGET reference supply, some people wire pin 1 and 2 to each other. I'd expect the ST-LINK/V2 to work either way, but I'd also expect it to report seeing a voltage. That is doesn't suggests either the header or cable is wrong. Also your pin usage would not permit JTAG connectivity, so you'd need to be sure to use SWD mode only.