Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Discovery program not running but ST-Link works well

kitsooftlk
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2015 at 09:55

Hello,

I'm really new to this STM field. I recently bought a STM32f4 Discovery board after some testing it got a issue.

I'm using Keil 5 and matlab simulink for testing.

At the beginning it was working well and the program which comes with the board worked well(which work as a mouse).

Now I can upload the program without any error to the board and using STM utility can read the program too.

But the issue is program doesn't run. I tried few blinking programs and now worked.

If you have simple program that I can test please let me have it to test. If anybody experienced this before please let me know

Thanks

Kishan

#basic-debugging #stm32f4-discovery
3 REPLIES 3
kitsooftlk
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2015 at 11:15

Hello Everybody,

Today I noticed this. In the ST-Link Utility when I check LiveUpdate tick and reset program runs well. But when I uncheck LiveUpdate and reset nothing happens.

When disconnected from ST-Link Utility also nothing happens.

Looking for a answer....:(
kitsooftlk
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2015 at 14:27

Corrected the problem in a way that board can program and execute well. But I don't think this is the best solution.

As I figured out issue was with NREST which is a reset of the CPU. For normal working condition it should be tie up to VDD but here it exhibited only 2.88V.

So it's obvious that there should be a leak with cap(c37). So fixed a external cap and now board is working.

But I still want help from someone to figure out if this is the real issue and if this fix will not harm to the Discovery.
Posted on January 18, 2015 at 14:53

Still that voltage seems high enough to be recognized as VHI , the internal pull up is pretty weak, if the voltage is the problem, which I doubt, you could populate R37 with a 10K

There is an working example .HEX file half way down [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/STM32F4DISCOVERY%2c%20can%27t%20seem%20to%20run%20anything&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D75800084C20D8867EAD444A5987D47BE638E0F&currentviews=245]this thread.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..