cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFs F4 SDIO broken on latest CubeMX

Posted on May 30, 2017 at 01:36

The latest version of CubeMX (4.21) with F4 Libs (v1.16) using the SDIO controller seems to have broken FatFS support.  ff.c needs a file that declares the character sets being used because it contains a couple of utility routines.  This may only be needed for long file names but regardless it is missing.  I fixed it by copying the ccsbcs.c file from the repository (under Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/options) and it resolves the issue.  This was not a problem in earlier versions.

Also, is the system ever going to support wide bus operation with DMA without the user having to manually configure this?

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 07, 2017 at 13:28

Hi

Bauch.Aaron

Could you please confirm if this behavior is faced when you load an old project or when create a new project?

Please attachyour ioc file for further check.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
valentin
Senior
Posted on June 07, 2017 at 21:18

Also, is the system ever going to support wide bus operation with DMA without the user having to manually configure this?

+1

I just tested the new F2 HAL library v1.6.0 (created a fresh project) and when manually setting SDIO to DMA by changing the function calls in SD_read/SD_write to their _DMA counterparts, it won't work at all anymore. It's no problem with v1.4.0.

So I'll stick with 1.4.0 for this proejct.

Posted on June 23, 2017 at 22:32

I'm exactly in the same case, 1.16 sdio dma driver is broken and polling method is not stable, many txunderrun error occurs, even if I disable interrupt during fifo writing. Please fix it.

Posted on June 23, 2017 at 22:58

Reliance on third-parties to provide robust code is a dangerous position to put one's self in.

There is a strong case for ST to start dog-fooding their own code, and using it in real apps, with real consequences. At the moment 'barely working' is a sufficient threshold for example/demo code, there needs to be significantly more ownership and responsibility for delivering better code. How some of this stuff gets beyond a simple code review or LINT/MISRA compliance baffles me.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 26, 2018 at 15:02

Hi

Bauch.Aaron

A doc (

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMM7JSAW

) was created to help people to configureCubeMX + SDIO + DMA +FatSF.

The example is applicable on devices with two DMA channels for SDIO (F2/F4/F7).

I hope it will help you.

BR. Jeanne