Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Reference Manual

patrickfreninger9
Associate II
Posted on January 27, 2015 at 11:08

DocID15965 Rev 12 (January 2015)

In section 17.3.15 on page 417 ''Using one timer to start another timer'' it says that TS in the TIM2_SMCR register has to be set to 000, but it should be 010 instead.

Is there a smarter way to report errors? It seems useless to open a ''Discussion'' for that...

#stm32 #error #manual
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 27, 2015 at 13:52

DocID15965 Rev 12 (January 2015)

In section 17.3.15 on page 417 ''Using one timer to start another timer'' it says that TS in the TIM2_SMCR register has to be set to 000, but it should be 010 instead.

Is there a smarter way to report errors? It seems useless to open a ''Discussion'' for that...

So

http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/reference_manual/CD00240193.pdf

parts

Wouldn't the value of TS depend on the specific timer being used as the source (per table 80)? Or are you talking about SMS being 010 for reset mode?

Commercial customers would presumably have a direct contact point, and there is an online support submission page. The forum also gives you a general audience.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on January 28, 2015 at 11:03

It seems useless to open a ''Discussion'' for that...

I don't agree with you. If you have any feedback, you can submit it in our forum.

I confirm the error you are highlighting, thanks for reporting 🙂

It is noted & will be fixed in coming release. (& It was helpful to check similar issue in other RMs).

As you have suggested: TS value should be 010 instead of 000 since ITR2 will be used when TIM3 is configured as Master for TIM2.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

patrickfreninger9
Associate II
Posted on January 29, 2015 at 09:26

And yet another minor thing. Figure 36 in the same RM labels both DMAs as DMA1 while the lower one should be DMA2. 🙂