cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Cube

John Hite
Associate III
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 15:24

Under Project > Settings Advanced Settings in the Drive Selector section for IP Name I see SPI, USART, etc. Under Driver the choice is HAL and cannot be changed. How does one change that selection to another choice or none?

Thanks,

JH

#stm32cubemx
9 REPLIES 9
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 15:35

Hi

Hite.John

‌,

could you please precise:

1. which CubeMX version are you using?
  2. What are you using as STM32 product?

-Nesrine-

Jaroslav BECKA
ST Employee
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 15:39

Hi John

Currently CubeMX supports project generation based on LL drives for STM32L4 MCUs. If you create a project for STM32L4 MCU for most of the peripherals it is possible to choose between HAL and LL drivers. Support for other devices will be implemented in the future.

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 15:58

Cube is STM32CubeMX Version 4.18.0 STM32Cube V1.0.

Product is STM32F437ZGT6 which seems to map to STM32F437ZITx in Cube.

Sorry for the slow reply Foxfire churned away loading for 10 minutes so I switched to another browser.

Thanks,

John

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 16:06

Hi

Hite.John

‌,

LL drivers is not yet supported forSTM32F4 MCUs .

-Nesrine-

We are looking for your wishes about our STM32 products,ecosystem and community:

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/stm32-forum/blog/2016/12/30/2017-stm32-wish-list

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 16:15

So there is no way to select none?

jh

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 16:21

Hi

Hite.John

‌,

'

there

is no way to select none?'

1. what do you mean by selecting none?

2. What are exactly the problems you faced?

3. If you are using STM32CUBEMX to generate initialization code , you have to use HAL drivers or LL drives if it is supported

-Nesrine-

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 16:37

Hi Nesrine,

Thanks for helping.

We do not want to use HAL, LL, or CMSIS but we have been using STMCube to setup the pins and their modes as well as the clocks. I see that CMSIS and the STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver directories are created each time. Of course they can be deleted but I wonder what hooks or code are placed in other files  to use the content of these directories.

Thanks again,

John

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 17:03

Hi

Hite.John

‌,

As you don’t want to use

HAL and LL drivers, you cannot use CUBEMX as it

is a graphical software configuration tool that allows generating C initialization codebased on STM32Cube

HAL (and/or

STM32Cube

LL if it is supported)

Try to start from examples under the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-standard-peripheral-libraries/stsw-stm32html

-Nesrine-

Ifmy suggestanswers your question, please mark it as correct.

Posted on January 03, 2017 at 20:05

I want to select none because the sw tech lead says we must use something called Evergreen drivers. We are using a Micrium OS and our software lead (after conferring with Micrium and ST) says there are problems using CMSYS and HAL drivers (lazy stacking and other issues). Furthermore the HAL drivers reportedly do not allow enough control. So there is no need to generate HAL or LL code.

Thanks,

jh