cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX support for MCBSTM32F400

davidkind9
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2015 at 14:37

Does anyone know if there is any planned support for the Keil MCBSTM32F400 within the STM32CubeMX application?

#diy #stm32cubemx #mcbstm32f400
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 28, 2015 at 22:12

Does anyone know if there is any planned support for the Keil MCBSTM32F400 within the STM32CubeMX application?

Isn't it designed to allow the input of any board/chip configuration? Because presumably someone at ST isn't going to create a template for everyone's custom board.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
davidkind9
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2015 at 14:26

Hi Clive, thanks for the response.

Figured that someone must've done this already as the board code examples for uVision 5 CMSIS seem to reference STM32Cube Framework Classic. I'm starting from a position of being new to ARM/STM32. It would be nice to have a starting point instead of starting from scratch.

Posted on January 30, 2015 at 17:44

Figured that someone must've done this already as the board code examples for uVision 5 CMSIS seem to reference STM32Cube Framework Classic. I'm starting from a position of being new to ARM/STM32. It would be nice to have a starting point instead of starting from scratch.

I understand, just trying to curb expectations that someone is going to show up in a timeline that works with your project. I have an MCBSTM32F400, but I'm the exception, not the rule, the talent pool here is relatively shallow. You should seek support for Keil boards through their support infrastructure, and examine if anything in the STM3240G-EVAL series is useful or migratable.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
davidkind9
Associate II
Posted on February 02, 2015 at 12:13

Thanks for getting back to me Clive, I appreciate your position; the ST forum is just more useful/helpful than the Keil one.