cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX4.8 - Bug Report : multiple preprocessor symbols definition regarding device name

basile
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 10:45

Dear all,

I've notice an ennoying bug in new version of CubeMX when generating project for MDKARMv5 based on STM32L152RBT6 MCU :

The generated project define both ''STM32L152xB'' and ''STM32L152xBA'' preprocessor symbols in the toolchain configuration. This induces re-definition conflict in the file ''stm32l1xx_hal_flash_ex.h'' wich totally mess-up the project when cimpiling.

Removing STM32L152xBA in symbols list solve the problem, but must be done each time you update the project from CubeMX.

I've not noticed this problem with previous version of CubeMX (last used version was 4.5).

Thank you for fixing this issue as soon as possible.

BaDuf
3 REPLIES 3
chrif
Associate II
Posted on June 18, 2015 at 14:14

Hi,

I reproduced the issue and I confirm the re-definition error.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 18, 2015 at 15:40

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

It will be fixed in coming CubeMX release.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

basile
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2015 at 17:49

Hi Mayla,

Thank you for this information !

Nothing related but, is there a specific way for reporting bug (such as a ''bugtracker'') instead of posting on the forum ?

It should help to follow status of the bug and which version of Cube should be used to have a fix.

Thank you