cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM9DS1 FIFO

gto
Associate
Posted on August 30, 2017 at 18:18

I came from using LSM9DS0. I'm a bit confused about how does the FIFO work for gyro and acc in 9DS1.

It seems that the FIFO control register only allows me to set 1 watermark/threshold value. Does that mean it applies to both gyro and acc? 9DS0 allows me to set different thresholds for each sensors.

I'm a bit confused about how to setup the interrupt service for the FIFO. In 9DS0, gyro fifo interrupt can be set directly on DRDY_G pin and the acc fifo interrupt can be set on INT1or2/XM pin. In 9DS1, I can't really tell from the datasheet which sensors is being set on INT1_CTRL and INT2_CTRL. Does enabling the INT1_IG_G  set the gyro interrupt in INT1_A/G pin and automatically set the acc interrupt on to INT2_A/G?

#lsm9ds1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on August 31, 2017 at 14:28

In LSM9DS1 the accelerometer and gyroscope can operate only at the same ODR so it doesn't make sense to distinguish which sensor trigger the FIFO threshold, the number of samples is the same for accelerometer and gyroscope.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on August 31, 2017 at 14:28

In LSM9DS1 the accelerometer and gyroscope can operate only at the same ODR so it doesn't make sense to distinguish which sensor trigger the FIFO threshold, the number of samples is the same for accelerometer and gyroscope.