cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cStack is filled to 100%, CPU core locked up.

siddj
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2008 at 04:08

cStack is filled to 100%, CPU core locked up.

6 REPLIES 6
siddj
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:56

I have written a program to write to external flash. I have written the code for STM32F103VB(100 pin) and since I don't have the actual board done yet, I am trying to run this on STM32SK using a IAR systems compiler and Jlink, JTAG. When i download my program it goes in a loop and i cant get out of it. When I break the program the cursor just goes to the disassembly code and does not break into my main program at all. I have tried to set breakpoints at my main function but it never comes to that point, seems like it gets stuck in some preprocessor directives?

I get errors saying the cstack is filled to 100% and CPU core is locked up. I have tried changing the stack value, increasing it from a default of 0x2000 to 0x20000 and it still wont work. I am not sure what seems to be the problem. I am aware that the GPIO or other peripherals do not have the exact same pin configurations but should it cause that huge an error to hang up the processor? Also I have tried running the example code to write to external flash, from ST->FWLIB->FSMC->NAND and the same problem occurs. But if I run a code for another dev board, like STM32F10E EVAL it partially runs( even if its not the same chip on the STM32SK), just doesn't configure the LCD, which is totally a different chip but it still runs.

I hope you guys understand my problem and can give me some tips.

Thanks!

jj
Associate II

Your STM32F103VB(100 pin) has additional - and different - resources than the RB(64 pin) which is on your STM32SK board. It ''almost'' sounds as if you are configuring the lesser (RB) STM32 device as if it was a VB. This could certainly lead to a mis-configuration - which may cause your problems. (you have to correctly configure the device you are currently using - or at least NOT seriously mis-configure it)

siddj
Associate II

I appreciate your response.

Apart from trying my own program, I also tried several examples from ST->FWLIB, and the same thing happens, are they just configuration issues then?

sofiene
Associate III

@jilisegiar

You mean STM3210E-EVAL and not STM3210B-EVAL.

B.R.

M3allem

jilisegiar
Associate II

STM32F103VB is medium-density device and it doesn't have an external flash.

To run the ST->FWLIB examples correctly on STM32SK you have to choose the STM3210B-EVAL configuration and not STM3210B-EVAL

Refer to the readme file, for more details.

jilisegiar
Associate II

No I mean STM3210B-EVAL configuration and not STM3210E-EVAL