bejanissim
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2008 at 04:22

External Interrupt problem

2 REPLIES 2
bejanissim
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:52

I am using both STM3210E-EVAL demo board and J-Link for my final university project (just started it), as well as IAR embedded workbench 5.2 Evaluation software (the real one costs a lot and as a student i can not effort it right now).

I'm wrote a little project which simulate an interrupt (EXTI9 by pressing the joystick 'Selection' button) and i'm trying to debug it.

It seems that each time i generate an interrupt ( by pressing the 'Selection' joystick button ) i'm not entering to the relevant ISR

( void EXTI9_5_IRQHandler(void) ).

Instead the assembly window shows that the Program Counter points to an address (0xFFFFFFFE) which is Cortex M3's internal peripheral address.

By generating the interrupt i expect the Program Counter to be in the address which corresponds to the relevant ISR.

I configured my application according to EVAL_Demonstration_Software.

Can someone help me please?

hervett
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:52

Hello,

It's strange that don't work be careful if you have right enable your interupt, check with examples of the libraries, and be careful with the priority of interrupts and don't forgot to enable the EXTI line after the interupt priority definition, and you have to enable them too in the GPIO_Configuration, but if you have followed the examples, it's normally OK. Maybe, the interupt is OK but don't do what you want. Try to increment a value in the interupt process ( stm32F10...-it.c) of your external interrupt in order to see if the program go in your process. I know when I tryed to make external interrupt, it was not working for the first time. And maybe it is because you have not configured the output as a Pull down or pull up output for your configuration, and maybe you have not configured your GPIO pin in a external interrupt, lot of things can't work, if you want send your program in attached files.

Bye