Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIRIT1 STack problem

astralien3000
Associate
Posted on February 23, 2015 at 12:20

Hello,

I am currently testing the code examples provided with the SPIRIT evaluation kit.

(the kit used is STEVAL-IKR002Vx). The exmple name is ''StackGeneric''.

The behaviour is, quite weird. Indeed, when I send 3 messages for example, sometimes the receiver only get the first one, sometimes the last one, sometimes it only receive a part of the packet.

With some investigation, i found that, for a fixed payload of 20bytes, the first message received was only of 19bytes length (I think that is why some messages are not complete).

An other thing, the sequence number does not increase at each packet received.

Does someone have an idea about this problem ?

Sincerely,

Lo�c Dauphin

#steval-problems #stack #spirit1
2 REPLIES 2
daniele239955_st
Associate
Posted on July 14, 2016 at 13:57

Hi,

I'm trying to learn how STEVAL IDS001V4M can work with IAR examples, and you are the only one with a little of practise in this forum.

I dont understand if I can upload .hex code after build an example on IAR by STEVAL usb or I must use ST -link cable using swd pins on shield.

Can you send me, please, a little tutorial for start with one example, just the simplest in list?

Thanks

Daniele

Lead
Posted on July 15, 2016 at 09:51

This thread is more than one year old, from a user with just one post. Not sure if he will answer.

But there is a software package for your eval kit here :

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-connect009.html

Have you tried that for examples/tutorials ?

> I dont understand if I can upload .hex code after build an example on IAR by STEVAL usb or I must use ST -link cable using swd pins on shield.

There is no on-board debugger, so you need an external debug pod that supports SWD. That can be ST-Link, or J-Link, or any other. IAR WB supports the ST-Link, so you can go with it. But you might need to prepare an appropriate cable.