cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 controller--CAN2 transmit not working after sending message on CAN1

sagarpadwal1991
Associate II
Posted on February 19, 2015 at 09:28

I have made my own board with Stm32F429 ,and  i am facing some issues with CAN communication.

I have properly initialized CAN1 and CAN2 with all filters and everything initialized properly,but when i try to send message on CAN2 after sending message on CAN1,i am unable to transmit the message...is there isssue with using CAN1 and CAN2 simultaneously for both transmitting  and receiving perpous????

please reply as fast as possible

#stm32f4 #can2 #transmit-issue
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on February 19, 2015 at 12:12

is there issue with using CAN1 and CAN2 simultaneously for both transmitting and receiving purpose????

No, I think that should work just fine. Check the status flagged.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sagarpadwal1991
Associate II
Posted on February 19, 2015 at 15:02

hi Clive,

Thanks for response.

First I tried to send message through CAN2. Message received on other end.After that I sent message by CAN1,it also received at other end,but the problem starts after sending message on CAN1. As soon as I send mesage on CAN1 and after that i tried to send message on CAN2,its not get transmitted.I also checked the status of message transmission for CAN2 it showing as Message pending.

I am not getting whats the reason behind this.

Posted on February 19, 2015 at 19:40

I am not getting whats the reason behind this.

I have no insight into your hardware or software.

sagarpadwal1991
Associate II
Posted on February 20, 2015 at 15:38

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6nA&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bvZ%2Fcki.DxDp7WJe7d.DhySJRTo6B9wVIH2V7KHU9lAVNe0&asPdf=false
Posted on February 20, 2015 at 18:59

waiting for response.....

Assume I'm not your minion, or have any contractual obligations to you, don't wait on me to go find the system details, or guess where it's failing.

I might initialize things slightly differently, and use different filter settings, but nothing jumping out as too broken here.

sagarpadwal1991
Associate II
Posted on February 21, 2015 at 05:26

Had anyone come across this kind of problem with CAN2?