Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STHV748 high supply current

sreinemuth
Associate
Posted on February 20, 2015 at 11:18

Hello Community,

I want to use the STHV748 for pulsing film-Arrays. The circuit is build like the reference circuit in the Application Note AN3961 figure 33.  The input line are low  so that the output from the STHV748 should bee zero. But the current consume is on the 3,3V Supply 360mA. That's definitely to much.

Has anyone an idea what the reason could bee? Below you can see my circuit around the STHV748.

Best Regards

Sebastian Reinemuth

0690X00000605anQAA.png
1 REPLY 1
ricciardo.antonio
Associate II
Posted on March 05, 2015 at 17:26

Hi, Sebastian,

Thanks for your requests, first.

For sure, based on your PCB' architecture which hosts the STHV748 and given the all inputs to ground it is not justifiable 360mA form 3.3V [LV supplies]. It is also true that, conditions IN1=IN2=0 means ''clamp'' state [XDCR_# =0V] and differently from HZ state you have to include some mA of consumption from LV supplies to keep XDCR_X to ground.

So the minmum bias consumption is achivable when you force inputs to reach HZ and INT_BIAS=0,  namely less than 1mA.

Interesting it would be to know:

- 1 Where  is the EX-PAD connected?

- 2 How much time the Power-Up slope take? Fast or slow? =?? ms

- 3 Did you try to run HV pulses [1 HV Cycle, 1.5 HV Cycles 2 ..3 ...]

Please, in order to have a consitent support between us I invite you to write to my attention to the following e-mail address:

mailto:antonio.ricciardo@st.com

In this way we can share all details about your end application to better understan your needs.

Regards

Antonio [TME @ STMicro]