cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030 Internal Timers

markjohnson9
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2015 at 22:01

I have an application where an external rising edge triggers timer 15 on PA2(pin 16) used in its input capture and compare mode. Then slave timer 3 from timer 15 to clock the internal ADC receiving data on PA0 (pin14) for a predetermined period. I also prefer to use the same external signal to trigger timer 1 simultaneously and output a PWM signal on PB14(pin 35).

Basically I want to use 2 timers in a master mode from the same triggering source and slave  timer 3 from timer 15 to clock the ADC and simultaneously run timer 1 to output a PWM signal on PB14 (pin 35). Is this method feasible for this device? Can this be done internally? What method(s) are preferred to accomplish this task?

Any input is much appreciated as I am unfamiliar with using the timers in this device!!!
1 REPLY 1
Posted on October 14, 2015 at 22:31

I don't quite understand what are you trying to accomplish, but generally you can't trigger two timers from a single pin and you have to connect them externally.

You could chain 3 timers as external_signal->timer1->timer2->timer3, if you can tolerate the delay. Setting TIMx_SMCR.MSM may help with the synchronicity, but much depends on the details.

JW