Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in StemWin driver in DMA2D_FillBuffer Method

jones.david
Associate II
Posted on July 27, 2015 at 15:03

Problem in StemWin driver in DMA2D_FillBuffer Method

I am developing a board STM32F429 with a 5 inch LCD(800x480), I init LCD With Setting LTDC Without Stem win and successfully can see background Color in LCD(RED,Blue or Green) then in next Step i try to Set GUI Driver (Stem win) for my Board

i copy GuiDriver in One of St Application Project and then change LTDC Settings with my self(GPIO, Timing and Polarity).

i then change LCD xSize and ySize in driver with mine and then change

(my SDRAM is bank2 32MB RAM)

LayerAddress0=0xd0000000

LayerAddress1=0xd1000000

my problem is when (Gui_Init()) function is executed the Program goes to DMA2D_FillBuffer method and never finishes last line ''while'' Statement(it's a wait function until transfer via dma2d is complete)

Any idea about problem?

#stemwin #dma2d_fillbuffer #dma2d #ldtc #stemwin
4 REPLIES 4
jones.david
Associate II
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 06:58

Solved

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 28, 2015 at 12:20

Hi jones.david.009,

The idea behind the STM32 forum (and any other forum I think) is to look for help and share experiences/solutions.

So it will be interesting if you can let other users know how you resolved your issue. It may be helpful for someone else facing same issue.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

tamilselvansubramani1
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2015 at 16:06

Hi jones.david,

I am facing the same issue.

I configured the lcd and i can see the Background Color but when i integrate with STemwin  calling  

Gui_Init()) function. it goes to DMA2D_FillBuffer() and then to NMI_Handler.Can you share your solution.

tamilselvansubramani1
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2015 at 10:17

Hi, 

The issue is solved.

I faced the memory issue since i am using ext Ram (SDRAM) for code,stack,heap and text and  also using the same memory region for ldtc (STemwin)GUI start address so I can't able to execute STenwim library function.