Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA Returned Array organization STM32f051K4TX

mjohnson
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2015 at 04:42

I looked at several post and discovered that other have seen the following:

Thanks again for your reply. The code is working fine. It seems like the data in the array is arranged like this: RegularConvData[0]; // PA7 RegularConvData[1]; // PA4 RegularConvData[2]; // PA5 RegularConvData[3]; // PA6 I am doing a very similar project with ADC transfers of ADC_Channel0 and ADC_Channel1. I also used the internal Vbat, Vtemp and Vref channels as a reference in data alignment and understand. Can some explain the nature of the ADC data alignment in the returned DMA transfer array? It seems to be unrelated to the channel. I am seeing ADC channels 0 and 1 in positions 0 and 4 of the array respectively. I expected to see Channel0 Channel1 Channel16 Channel17 Channle18 I am seeing the array come back as Channel0 Channel?? Channel?? Channel?? Channel1 The Channel?? are 16,17 and 18 but I do not recall the order currently. I have been searching for a answer in the reference manual and memory addresses for several hours an still have no idea how the DMA array order is created.

Thanks again for your reply. The code is working fine.

It seems like the data in the array is arranged like this:

RegularConvData[0]; // PA7
RegularConvData[1]; // PA4
RegularConvData[2]; // PA5
RegularConvData[3]; // PA6

Thanks again for your reply. The code is working fine.

It seems like the data in the array is arranged like this:

RegularConvData[0]; // PA7
RegularConvData[1]; // PA4
RegularConvData[2]; // PA5
RegularConvData[3]; // PA6

#stm32f0 #adc #dma
1 REPLY 1
mjohnson
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2015 at 04:59

I ran across a post that suggest moving the DMA enable just prior to the ADC enable.

/* Enable ADC_DMA */

ADC_DMACmd(ADC1, ENABLE);  

/* Enable ADC1 */

ADC_Cmd(ADC1, ENABLE);

I did not change a bit of code and the alignment magically worked.  So that leads me to believe the DMA enable is dependent on the ADC configuration at the time of the DAM enable.  In other words wait to enable the DMA until after the ADC configuration is already in place?

I did not change a bit of code, but I can see how the DMA enable would not have ADC alignment without a proper knowledge of the ADC channel configuration.

Could a ST expert comment?