Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC56EL70L5 MCU Basic Initialization

luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 01, 2015 at 00:16

Dear All,

Thanks for the attention.

I'm working with SPC56EL70L5DISP Discovery Board using SPC5 Studio as IDE.

I've never had any specific experience with such a kind of MCU indeed i'm having some trobles about how to implement basic function like making an ADC or providing an DSPI or CAN Comunication.

Actually I'm working with SPC56EL70L5DISP Discovery Board.

I'm using all the Graphical Tools present inside the SPC5 Studio for SPC56 MCU line but nevertheless I'm following the procedures I'm having software problems since I've not found many supports about how to use the API related to the different HAL Components.

I've searched for several reference notes in the ST forum and site but unfortunately I've not found in them basic informations about how to use the Drivers related to the HAL Components.

What I'm asking is:

1 - Is there any place where I can find some training tutorial about how to program SPC56 MCUs providing techical details or examples about how to use the different components, like how to use the Drivers/API ?

For example: in order to implement an ADC, wich are the procedures and functions that have to be followed ?

2 -  Is there any files which I can find a Register Map with all the addresses inside the SPC56EL70 ?

Thanks again and sorry for this kind of question that surely wolud be trivial for someone.

9 REPLIES 9
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 09:15

Hi,

Using the Application Wizard (the wand button) you can import applications with examples for all the peripherals you mentioned, have you tried that?

The API documentation is available by right clicking the ''Portable HAL'' component, then look under the ''doc'' submenu.

About support, this is the place where ask questions.

Giovanni

luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 09:51

Dear Giovanni,

thanks for your response.

Unfortunately opening the wizard and choosing my Discovery Board I Find only 2 Examples related to the LED Blinking Example, but unfortunately I do not find anything related to SPI, ADC...

Another strange issue i'm finding is that all the files that it generates are not related, I mean, there are some files .c that do not find its own related header...

It does not give me an error compiling but when I do the Debug I see that is like some variables are not found in the related header, and as a consequence the program do not run any more in the board, like Segmentation Fault Error.

This does not happen when I load external projects.

Thanks again

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 10:29

Hello Luigi ,

There is a change request relative to this task :

create SPC56ELxx OS-Less/Chibios Test Application for DiscoveryPlus DSPI/CAN/PWM-ICU/ADC

we will inform you as soon as the applications for Leopard DiscoveryPlus will be ready.

Could you clarify your headers issues by screenshots ?

Best Regards

Erwan

luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 12:34

Dear Erwan,

thanks for the attention. 

About your response, you mean that have I to create another thread with title :

SPC56ELxx OS-Less/Chibios Test Application for DiscoveryPlus DSPI/CAN/PWM-ICU/ADC

or have I to wait for the applications to be finished in this thread?

How much time do you think have I to wait? just to know, not for creating any pressure.. becuase we do not have to much time in our project, in order to make us evaluate other solutions...

About the header issues I've found that the problem was a mistake made by me, sorry for that.

Thank You very much

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 16:37

Hello Luigi ,

you can find in the attachment 4 applications (Compliant for 3.4.2)

SPC56ELxx ADC/CAN/PWM-ICU/DSPI for Discovery Plus.

You can import them in your environment.

Tests are OK on my Discovery Board.

These applications will be integrated in the next release.

Best Regards

Erwan

Attachments :

SPC56ELXX_DiscoveryPlus_Applications_for_3_4_2.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0SX&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bZG%2F.ThmriKf9YYtiwMbtmLrdqGuHYjYN2XZklFel84ekCY&asPdf=false
luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 02, 2015 at 17:23

Dear Erwan, Thankyou very much !

Only now I wondered that I have an old version of SPC5Studio ( It's the one that I've downloaded from the site...). Actually is the 3.0.0, nevertheless I've done all the upgrades (in the attachment files You could find the image I get con SPC5Studio for the version).

Could You please send Me the Link of the 3.4.2 version in order to try the applications you have send Me?

ThankYou again.

Kind Regards

Attachments :

SPC5Studio_Version.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0IS&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bZE%2FZWilH_zKRjbws.qIbAzqxNzTcvGF_3eABqfy.amaZqw&asPdf=false
luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2015 at 00:13

Dear Erwan,

I've downloaed additional software as you wrote in past threads in this Forum in order to upgrade to the last version 3.4.2 ;

Thank You a lot again for the support.

Kind Regards

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 03, 2015 at 09:46

Hello Luigi ,

SPC5Studio uses the eclipse update site system.

If you have installed the upgrades from SPC5Studio 3.0.0+ (by update site)

you should have these versions (3.4.2 Core version) (cf installation details Attachment)

Best regards

Erwan

Attachments :

2015-03-03_094208.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0Sv&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bZD%2FNHElXhV8Uvgkd2l4HB_iyXB70cM_9JEQYc9xMjnfVxI&asPdf=false
luigi
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2015 at 23:45

Thank You Again!