cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFuSe Bad Firmware

mathilde
Associate
Posted on March 18, 2015 at 18:07

I want to implement a firmware update capability on my board via USB DFU. For now, I experiment on the STM32F4 discovery board following the example in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.4.0 (USB device application ''DFU_Standalone''). Actually, it only consists in initializing the USB in DFU mode. However when I open DFuSe Demo(v3.0.4), the device appears but there is the following message in the status box: ''Unable to find or decode device mapping... Bad Firmware''. When I put the device in boot mode with a jumper on the boot0 pin, everything works fine, I can upload or upgrade the firmware.

So my question is, what can be causing this problem to happen? Do I need to do something mode than putting the device in DFU mode in the code?
1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 30, 2015 at 15:05

Hi Mathilde,

Please check the value of the descriptor string in the file usbd_dfu_if.c. It has to be like ''@Internal Flash /0x08000000/03*016Ka,01*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg''. Also, in the file usbd_conf.h, you should have:

#define USBD_SUPPORT_USER_STRING 1

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.