cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Debug error

johnnydreher
Associate
Posted on March 06, 2015 at 21:19

Hello, I really need help. I use CoIDE to made my firmwares, but sometimes I've a error when I try to program or debug my own board using ST-Link from any dev. board from ST.

I'm using SWD conection, and sometimes it is ok, but sometimes I've got this message:

''Error: Connect failed, check config and cable connection''

Or

''Error: Flash driver function execute timeout

Erase: [  0%]''

I've reinstaled the driver and re-checked the conection. My this can be an error from my board?

I've a 10k resistor from reset to 3V and another 10k resistor from BOOT0 to GND, and my BOOT1 is conected to GND

I've trying to use  ST-Link Utility and I've got the error again

#stm32-error-debug
3 REPLIES 3
childresss
Associate II
Posted on March 06, 2015 at 21:40

Since it happens in the ST-Link utility, it must be some sort of USB hardware, USB power, or USB driver issue. Assuming the ST-Link itself isn't faulty.

You'll need to use the process of elimination to troubleshoot.

try the ST-Link pod on a different computer, try a different ST-link, etc.

johnnydreher
Associate
Posted on March 23, 2015 at 19:30

Sorry for the delayed answer. In this same USB port and ST-Link other boards works.

I've replace the chip some time, remake the solder but no way solder. My vcap pins are about 2.7V. What can be? I've measure all pins, and the voltage are correct. My VddA and VssA are supplied.

Posted on March 23, 2015 at 21:56

The VCAP pins should be at 1.25V, sure you have the part correctly orientated, or have some voltage coming from somewhere else?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..