cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does +WIND:54:Dot11 AuthIllegal 0/2 signify?

markb
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 10:00

Hi, I am getting the above error indication when trying to access an AP, what does it mean?

Cheers,

Mark

27 REPLIES 27
markb
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 10:01

Sorry, the indication number in the title should be 45 not 54!

Posted on July 01, 2015 at 13:55

Hi Mark,

WIND:45 means there was an error on authentication process.

Check shared/open authentication setting between AP and STA.

j

markb
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 14:13

Thanks for that but now I have a bigger problem in that I used stm32flash to load SPWF01S-150410-c2e37a3-RELEASE-main.bin and although I can read

that back from the flash and it compares OK, the module no longer wants to talk to the MCU. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

markb
Associate II
Posted on July 01, 2015 at 15:03

OK, I am very stupid. What I have managed to do is overwrite the loader at the bottom of flash memory with the new firmware because I didn't realise that it needs to be written at a higher address. So now I need to replace the code that goes at the bottom of flash but that doesn't appear to be available as a download. I have submitted a support request but who knows how long that will take. Could someone please read out the low part of flash memory into a hex file and attach it to this thread?

Cheers,

Mark

Posted on July 02, 2015 at 10:12

You can ask for it directly to your local ST support. Faster.

markb
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 11:05

Hi, thanks for the reply. ST support faster? Well, I submitted a support request yesterday and so far just got an automated response. I'm sure it would be faster if someone could just read out the low flash into a hex file and post it to the forum.

Cheers,

Mark

Posted on July 02, 2015 at 14:36

Hi Mark,

I don't see support request in the system...

Which link did you use?

markb
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 15:59

Sorry, I don't know which link I used. It was on the my.st.com website. The ticket I got was

TECH008051

I wish someone would just read the first 0x2800 bytes out of the MCU flash and post the hex to this forum.

Posted on July 03, 2015 at 09:20

Ticket in on. You should get a reply very soon.

Thanks for patience

j