cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure usb host to device on STM32F429I discovery board

ranjithds23
Associate
Posted on March 18, 2015 at 16:50

I'm using a STM32F429I discovery board, which has a usb otg configured to host mode, i tried configuring usb otg to device mode in FS mode, but was not possible ,even the usb is not detected, i tried using the stmcubeMX and went through user manual but was not possible , is there any setting to make it as device mode?

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 18, 2015 at 17:57

The STM32F429I-DISCO board's USB connector is wired to the HS port, and used in FS mode.

I would suggest you review the FW Upgrade example in the boards firmware package (not cube), as it implements a connection to external flash/msc drives. Look at how it configures the pins, controller, phy settings. See project #defines.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ranjithds23
Associate
Posted on March 20, 2015 at 09:01

Is it not possible to configure as a device using stm32cube examples?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 31, 2015 at 10:26

Is it not possible to configure as a device using stm32cube examples?

It should be possible; look at examples in STM32Cube_FW_F4\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device. 

Pay attention to increase stack size (Ex: 0x2000) in startup file if you are using Keil to generate your CubeMX project.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.