Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG connection event notification

dgiovanelli
Associate III
Posted on March 19, 2015 at 12:25

Hi to all,

I'm developing some throughput/consumption test with BlueNRG (using STEVAL-IDB002V1) and I would like to ask if there is a way for the host microcontroller to be notified for connection event end, something like an HCI event (or a more tricky way) that is generated when the connection event finish. This is fundamental to get a stable throughput (at high speed) and for reduce power consumption.

Thanks Davide. 

#ble-bluenrg-connection-event
5 REPLIES 5
karsten2
Associate II
Posted on March 19, 2015 at 15:44

There is EVT_LE_CONN_COMPLETE and EVT_DISCONN_COMPLETE, do these not suffice for your requirements?

dgiovanelli
Associate III
Posted on March 19, 2015 at 16:52

Hi karsten,

those events are related to connection state, they are generated when the ble connection are established and interrupted.

As probably you know, when two or more ble devices are connected they exchange data at only in specific timeslots called CONNECTION EVENTS, the time constraints of these events are specified by some parameters called max connection interval, min connection interval, supervision timeout and others. Since both master and slave devices must have connection events synchronized (otherwise they couldn't talk each other) and after some tests I found the master imposes timings, is not possible for host microcontroller to know when connection event has been really happened.

So what I would like to have is an event, generated by blueNRG, that signals to host microcontroller that a connection event has been just finished (or started).

I hope I was more clear now,

Davide.

karsten2
Associate II
Posted on April 01, 2015 at 20:26

Hi Davide,

haha sorry you are right that was a misunderstanding on my part. We were looking for a similar feature at some point, trying to align adc reads to radio activity but didn't get a real clean answer. I agree it sounds like a pretty useful event to have under certain circumstances.

Cheers,

Karsten

sylvain
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2015 at 21:00

Hi, any update on this topic? have you found a way to get connection-event signals?

Posted on October 27, 2015 at 15:46

Dear Customer,

using GPIO configuration, you can monitoring Radio Activity. To do this, you have to set GPIO config to ''Active State on Test1''.

(From GUI DK => Toopls menu => BlueNRG IFR => Advanved button)

For further details please see doc

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00164925.pdf

Regards,

GM