Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L152 no JTAG after wrong page erase

henrik2399
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2015 at 10:46

Hello,

after an (possibly) invalid page erase attemp I can't reach the micro controller via JTAG.

Here is the scenario:

I have a bootloader (location 0x8000000 to 0x8003FFF).

And a firmware (location 0x8004000 and above).

Also there is a external EEPROM attached via SPI to buffer data for updates of subcomponents as well as of the bootloader (it can't overwrite itself).

I tried to update the bootloader from within my firmware, but instead of the addresses from 0x8000000 to 0x8003FFF I used the addresses 0x0 to 0x3FFF for the page erase and write word functions of the ST library. It seemed practial to me because it was the same address in the EEPROM as in the micro controller and I assumed that it was vaild because of the memory remapping of address 0x0 to 0x8000000.

But the update did not work and now I can't even reach the micro controller via JTAG.

Looking at the library I saw that there is a check of the address and 0x0 seems to be invalid. Unfortunately the assert_param macro was disabled.

So what may have happened and how could I fix it?
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 08, 2015 at 15:16

What exactly is the error from the programming software, and what software/pod are we talking about?

Does the error change if you pull BOOT0 High?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
henrik2399
Associate II
Posted on August 10, 2015 at 10:11

Excuse me. The problem was caused by a special design on our board which requires a valid bootloader before JTAG is working.

This discussion can be deleted. Thanks.