cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F72 and STM32F73 reference manual?

freddie_chopin
Associate III
Posted on February 19, 2017 at 09:48

I'm wondering where to find reference manual for STM32F72 and STM32F73 chips? I was able to find the datasheets - directly from the site of the particular chip - but the reference manual is not available from the general STM32F7 page, from specific chip pages and not found with the site search.

For a while I was thinking that these chips are not available at the moment, so the lack of reference manual wouldn't be a problem, but I see that I can buy a NUCLEO board with STM32F72 without any problems, which contradicts that theory (; The chips are also supported by the most recent Cube for STM32F7.

Any ideas? I've started implementing support for STM32F7 in the C++ RTOS I'm working on (

http://distortos.org/

), and I'd really like to cover as much as possible - it's easier to add more chips at the beginning than to add only some of them and later add more variations (especially when you can expect some differences like in this case).

#stm32f72 #stm32f73 #stm32f7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seb
ST Employee
8 REPLIES 8
T J
Lead
Posted on February 19, 2017 at 11:29

is this the one you are looking for ?

About this document

This document provides the information required for application and system-level software

development. It does not provide information on debug components, features, or operation.

This material is for microcontroller software and hardware engineers, including those who

have no experience of ARM products.

Please Read Carefully:

Information in this document is provided solely in connection with ST products. STMicroelectronics NV and its subsidiaries (“ST�?) reserve the

right to make changes, corrections, modifications or improvements, to this document, and the products and services described herein at any

time, without notice.

All ST products are sold pursuant to ST’s terms and conditions of sale.

Purchasers are solely responsible for the choice, selection and use of the ST products and services described herein, and ST assumes no

liability whatsoever relating to the choice, selection or use of the ST products and services described herein.

No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property rights is granted under this document. If any part of this

document refers to any third party products or services it shall not be deemed a license grant by ST for the use of such third party products

or services, or any intellectual property contained therein or considered as a warranty covering the use in any manner whatsoever of such

third party products or services or any intellectual property contained therein.

UNLESS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN ST’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE ST DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED

WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE AND/OR SALE OF ST PRODUCTS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED

WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (AND THEIR EQUIVALENTS UNDER THE LAWS

OF ANY JURISDICTION), OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.

ST PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED OR AUTHORIZED FOR USE IN: (A) SAFETY CRITICAL APPLICATIONS SUCH AS LIFE

SUPPORTING, ACTIVE IMPLANTED DEVICES OR SYSTEMS WITH PRODUCT FUNCTIONAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS; (B)

AERONAUTIC APPLICATIONS; (C) AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS OR ENVIRONMENTS, AND/OR (D) AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS

OR ENVIRONMENTS. WHERE ST PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR SUCH USE, THE PURCHASER SHALL USE PRODUCTS AT

PURCHASER’S SOLE RISK, EVEN IF ST HAS BEEN INFORMED IN WRITING OF SUCH USAGE, UNLESS A PRODUCT IS

EXPRESSLY DESIGNATED BY ST AS BEING INTENDED FOR “AUTOMOTIVE, AUTOMOTIVE SAFETY OR MEDICAL�? INDUSTRY

DOMAINS ACCORDING TO ST PRODUCT DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS. PRODUCTS FORMALLY ESCC, QML OR JAN QUALIFIED ARE

DEEMED SUITABLE FOR USE IN AEROSPACE BY THE CORRESPONDING GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY.

Resale of ST products with provisions different from the statements and/or technical features set forth in this document shall immediately void

any warranty granted by ST for the ST product or service described herein and shall not create or extend in any manner whatsoever, any

liability of ST.

ST and the ST logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ST in various countries.

Information in this document supersedes and replaces all information previously supplied.

The ST logo is a registered trademark of STMicroelectronics. All other names are the property of their respective owners.

© 2014 STMicroelectronics - All rights reserved

STMicroelectronics group of companies

Australia - Belgium - Brazil - Canada - China - Czech Republic - Finland - France - Germany - Hong Kong - India - Israel - Italy - Japan -

Malaysia - Malta - Morocco - Philippines - Singapore - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - United Kingdom - United States of America

http://www.st.com

Attachments :

STM32F3 Programming Manual.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HyvC&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bDr%2F7U_xeFomaCuVQ2B0_r78FCXJDVShDz9qSqczdwdECYs&asPdf=false
Posted on February 19, 2017 at 11:47

Not really... First of all this is for STM32F3, not STM32F_7_3 (or STM32F_7_2), and the second thing is that it's a 'programming manual', not a 'reference manual' I'm looking for.

BTW - there's a programming manual for STM32F7 too, but it also lists only STM32F74, 

STM32F75, 

STM32F76 and 

STM32F77.

Posted on February 19, 2017 at 13:53

Yes, sorry, I misread your part numbers.

I checked the datasheets, these are Rev1 Sept 2016, very fresh...

it is the bleeding edge, difficult for everyone...

Seb
ST Employee
Posted on February 19, 2017 at 17:29

In short, it's coming ! Wait for few more days... thanks for your interest and curiosity !

Seb
ST Employee
Posted on February 23, 2017 at 09:38

Thanks, I've already downloaded it yesterday (;

Posted on February 23, 2017 at 09:54

BTW - there's a programming manual for STM32F7 too, but it also lists only STM32F74, 

STM32F75, 

STM32F76 and 

STM32F77.

Last revision of F7 programming manual PM0253 is Rev3 and is supporting F72x/F73x.

Did you checked

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/programming_manual/group0/78/47/33/dd/30/37/4c/66/DM00237416/files/DM00237416.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00237416.pdf

?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on February 23, 2017 at 10:22

Now I did - thanks!