cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F302R8: No Ulink device found

karthik2
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2015 at 02:16

Hi, I'm using an STM32F302R8 board to do some basic DSP work. I've been using my desktop with windows 7 on it for a while and I'm able to use Keil V5.14 to program the board no problem. 

However, I have to move to using my windows 8.1 laptop, I'm unable to program the board. When I connect the board though, i do get the folder popping up showing that windows is able to see the device no problem. Also the driver is installed fine and ST-LINKV2 is showing up in device manager. 

I get an error saying ' NO Ulink device found'. When I check Cortex-M Target Driver Setup > Debug, the Debug Adapter field is empty. 

Is this a known issue with either KEIL or ST-LINK and windows 8.1? that's the only delta i can think of between my working and non-working setups. 

#stm32 #keil #stlink #stm32f3
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on May 25, 2015 at 04:10

U-LINK != ST-LINK, pick the right debugger

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
karthik2
Associate II
Posted on May 25, 2015 at 16:42

Hi Clive1,

Here is a visual representation of the issue. 

on my working system, i get: 

0690X000006055aQAA.png

and on the other system, using the same board ( even the same USB cable! ) i get: 

0690X00000605HBQAY.png

Hope that is clearer than my original post. 

Posted on May 25, 2015 at 18:22

Hope that is clearer than my original post.

Your post was clear, but the ST-LINK is still not a

U-LINK

, you still need to select the right debugger in the debug pane, then the settings will work.
karthik2
Associate II
Posted on May 26, 2015 at 01:24

Do you mean the debug pane shown in the picture above? as you can see, there is nothing listed there at all! 

in the first window, it defaulted to the ST-LINK shown. in the 2nd window, it doesnt show anything at all, which seems to be the cause of the problem. 

is there somewhere else i need to select this for it to show up here? 

Posted on May 26, 2015 at 04:16

0690X00000602yiQAA.jpg

You're making this far more complicated than it is. Pick the right debugger and it will find it.