cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read back RAM contents on STM32F302R8

karthik2
Associate II
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 02:02

Hi, I am running a small program on my nucleo board and it would be very helpful to read back the RAM contents during processing. The IRAM is set in Keil to start @ 0x20000000. But if I set a breakpoint in my code and try to look at the memory, i get an error saying, cannot read memory!

I also tried with the ST Visual Programmer tool, but that only allows me to read program memory ( starting @80000000 ). 

Is there a quick way for me to read back my RAM? I've been using UART but its very slow and painful to go between ASCII ( which is what my UART tool outputs ) and HEX ( which is what I need to see! )

thank you! 

#stm32 #ram
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on August 27, 2015 at 06:40

The RAM should be at 0x20000000 and FLASH at 0x08000000, not sure why Keil would not allow you to look at the memory when halted.

Keil's debugger has a SAVE command that can store memory content to a file.

The serial port would allow you to output in a number of forms, you could increase the speed significantly, and use protocols like X-MODEM to transfer large blocks of data to a file. Check you Terminal software to see what it supports.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
karthik2
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2015 at 02:04

Thanks, Clive. I'll take a look at Keil's SAVE command. The UART was just becoming a big overhead to move data back and forth quickly.