cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options not displayed in ''coder target'' tab for stm32f4-discovery microcontroller

candidocudeiro
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2015 at 17:21

Hi, I am using simulink to program the stm32f4-discovery.

I have just realised that there are some features missing in the ''coder target'' tab of simulink. I have succesfully tried some of the demos of my stm32f4-discovery in order to learn how to set up the pins and some other basic stuff.

The problem is that now I want to switch to ''external mode'' so that I can read the information processed by the microcontroller in real time, but I can't see the ''EXTERNAL MODE'' option displayed under the ''GPIO I'' text. I neither can see the ''Operating system options'' gropubox that should be located at the top of the window.

For more clarity I will show you what the ''coder target'' window should look like (picture taken from a tutorial):

http://es.mathworks.com/help/releases/R2015a/examples/stm32f4discovery_product/stm32f4discovery_extmode_1.png

And this is how it actually looks:

http://es.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/uploaded_files/28211/CODER%20TARGET.png

I am trying to reinstal the stm32f4-discovery support package but I don't think it will make any difference. I also remembered I blocked MATlab during some installation, I tried to unlock MATlab just in case the problem was a feature that couldn't have been installed, but I had no luck.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
candidocudeiro
Associate II
Posted on April 01, 2015 at 10:08

Ok, it seems that everything was ok. The thing is that in this version those options do not appear and the configuration of the serial port must be done as shown below.

0690X00000605FyQAI.png

This is an image from the tutorials that come with the instaled stm32f4-discovery package for simulink. It is slightly different as you can see from the online tutorials that you can find in MATlab web page.

Regards