cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make an USB device aplication using wizard on AC6 system workbench

leogarberoglio
Associate III
Posted on September 06, 2015 at 15:07

I want to create a new project that use USB device CDC library using System Workbench and not CubeMX. I make a new AC6 project, select my F4discovery board, and check USB Device Library and HAL firmware library.

When the wizard ends I have a new, almost empty, project and HAL library as external static lib.

But when I build my project several errors apears regarding of missing .h files. I can solve some (some one calls xxxx_template.h and I need to renemae and change an include), but now I have a missing file ''usbd_desc.h'' referenced on usbd_cdc.c

So, where do I found that file and why it is not correctly initialized the USB project on System Workbench? is it the offcial ST IDE?

Is there a guide to make USB device library work without using CubeMX?

Please, don't tell me ''take the files from some example application and make change to run on discovery'', please.

Regards

Thank and best regards
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on September 07, 2015 at 04:25

It's really not clear to me what the relationship is, but at the end of the day AC6 is responsible for the success or failure of *their* tools. ST well may be funding some of the operation, in response to the pressure from some quarters to provide a free IDE to get developers to use STM32 parts, and who apparently weren't able to use GNU/GCC and Eclipse, etc.

The AC6 forum may be the best place to get resolution, but I suspect the pool both here and there is quite shallow. I see you are already there,

http://www.openstm32.org/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=1060&topics_offset=1

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
leogarberoglio
Associate III
Posted on September 07, 2015 at 04:55

It's too bad that ST don't provide a reliable free IDE. They have a very very good price for evaluation board, but that without a good free IDE and some good libraries....

NXP and TI has good price too and free IDE...

So, I would like to know your opinion, I'm runing several commercial products with ST uC. I have a litle experience of ARM, based most of them on NXP product. Rigth now I'm trying to move to ST. What is the best way to start devolping with ST? is it cubemx and keil, is keil and their package? is system workbench?

Thank clive for your answer!