cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD connector on custom board

leogarberoglio
Associate III
Posted on April 10, 2015 at 18:53

Hello, I have a STM32F411 nucleo board and I would like to cut STLink out. I'm building a shield for nuecleo board and I want to add a SWD connector. So I look at CN4 on STLink and  altium schematic and I have some doubt about pin 1. On DM00105823.pdf say VDD_TARGET, but I can't figure out how it work on STlink 2 altium schematic. It is connected to GND throug a 10K resistor and goes nowhere (becouse there is no R9 on the board). So does anybody have a conection example for this connector?

BR
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 11, 2015 at 02:45

It looks to be set up to allow for external power and measurement, ie with resistors populated or not depending on desired configuration.

1 No Connect

2 SWCLK

3 GROUND (required)

4 SWDIO

5 NRST

6 SWO (for Serial Wire Viewer)

Or consider using the

http://www2.keil.com/coresight/coresight-connectors

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
leogarberoglio
Associate III
Posted on April 11, 2015 at 03:44

I don't know what Serial Wire Viewer is. Is this signal needed to program and debug using System Workbench? I used to use just GND, RST, SWCLK and SWDIO connections on other ARM uC. Is that ok?

This will be a shield just for me, so I don't consider the use of standar 10 pins, I need to reduce space.

Thank again clive1

BR!

Posted on April 11, 2015 at 13:32

It's a 0.05'' pitch header, it isn't very big.

Not familiar with System Workbench, SWV is a method of providing debug serial output, outside the normal USART type implementations.

This is Keil related, but the ST-LINK Utilities also provide an SWV Console. Of course the NUCLEO boards also have a USART2/VCP configuration.

http://www.keil.com/download/files/swv_on_cortex-m3.pdf

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..