Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluenrg SensorDemo not discoverable on android since 1.9

JulienD
Senior
Posted on October 30, 2016 at 10:07

Hi,

I did an implementation of my own app starting from sensorDemo. It communicates with an android app. The device is discovered by a call to:

BluetoothAdapter.startLeScan(uuids, mLeScanCallback);

which allows to discover devices that are implementing specified services. At the beginning, I was using x-cube-ble1. Since the upgrade to BlueNrgDK1.9, the device is no more discovered with this method. It can be discovered if I don't specify any implemented service. I went back to sensorDemo in DK 1.9 and I have the same behaviour. Is it a bug or is there something to change? Regards Julien
3 REPLIES 3
JulienD
Senior
Posted on November 10, 2016 at 19:53

Hello

thanks for your answer, it helped me in understanding that STSW-BLUENRG-DK and is not a new version of X-CUBE-BLE1. It's confusing, they both provide some common projects, some common middlewares but not always exactly the same implementation. Why those 2 packages are not merged in a single one? Appart from this, I found that discovering a service from sensorDemo by an android device is an wrong memory. I had to change some code to able to do it. BUT I still have an issue. I was able to make it work successfully or not with X-CUBE-BLE1 2.7.0. Here's the modified code to discover the service:

void setConnectable(void)
{ 
tBleStatus ret;
const char local_name[] = {AD_TYPE_COMPLETE_LOCAL_NAME,'B','l','u', 'e', 'n'};
/* disable scan response */
hci_le_set_scan_resp_data(0,NULL);
PRINTF(''General Discoverable Mode.
'');
uint8_t serviceUUIDList[17];
uint8_t* uuid = serviceUUIDList + 1;
COPY_ACC_SERVICE_UUID(uuid);
serviceUUIDList[0] = AD_TYPE_128_BIT_SERV_UUID;
ret = aci_gap_set_discoverable(ADV_IND, 0, 0, PUBLIC_ADDR, NO_WHITE_LIST_USE, sizeof(local_name), local_name, sizeof(serviceUUIDList), serviceUUIDList, 0,0);
if (ret != BLE_STATUS_SUCCESS) {
PRINTF(''Error while setting discoverable mode (%d)
'', ret);
}
}

This code works except if local_name is longer than 5 bytes.

const char local_name[] = {AD_TYPE_COMPLETE_LOCAL_NAME,'B','l','u', 'e', 'n', 'r'};

does not work. I went thru aci_gap_set_discoverable() code: the status after the call to hci_send_req() is 0x42 while it should be 0. I was not able to find 0x42 anywhere in the lib to go further. Do you have any idea of what may happen? Thanks Julien
JulienD
Senior
Posted on November 10, 2016 at 19:55

Oh! and I'm using Nucleo401 and IDB05A1.