Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit IC?

rezaxyz
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 13:07

Hi all,

I�m designing a STM32F107VCT based embedded system. Unfortunately I�ve several problems with this part. For example the part wasn�t program correctly (Verification failed), and when I removed and soldered another chip, the problem solved. Since the Mouser and Digikey prices are about 2 times more expensive than I�ve bought, In your opinion is it possible my chips are fake or Counterfeit parts?

Thanks in advanced,

Reza

#programming-verfication-fail
4 REPLIES 4
Lead
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 13:27

In your opinion is it possible my chips are fake or Counterfeit parts?

In theory, yes.

For example the part wasn’t program correctly (Verification failed), and when I removed and soldered another chip, the problem solved.

I'd rather suspect inproper soldering, program/debug connection issues, or power supply issues. Perhaps in this order. Missing buffer caps, unstable supply voltage and too long SWD/JTAG wires could cause similiar problems.

rezaxyz
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 18:54

Thanks argentum.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 10, 2015 at 10:45

Hello Reza,

Generally, the probability of counterfeited products cannot be totally discarded unless you are getting your parts from a trusted supplier.

So, we encourage you/your company to purchase ST products using authorized supply chains to substantially reduce the possibility of obtaining non-genuine ST products.

There is a list of authorized sales representatives and distributors on ST website: http://www.st.com/stonline/contactus/contacts/index.php.

You may contact your local distributor then if you are facing repeated issue with the received parts.

Thanks again for choosing ST products.

Best Regards,

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

rezaxyz
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2015 at 13:11

Thank you Mayla.