Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two LPUART configuration in STM32L0

gajraj
Associate II
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 13:22

Hi All,

PLease let me know ,if its possible to configure two UART as LPUART in STM32L0. If yes ,how to proceed.

Thanks,

Ut

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 13:38

Which part number and footprint specifically?

The Data Sheet should indicate the availability of an LPUART1 and LPUART2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 13:51

Hello

Mahadoria.Gajraj_Sin

‌,

LPUART peripherals are dedicated and are not the same as U(S)ART peripherals. If your specific part number includes 2 LPUART peripherals, you can use both at the same time.

Best regards,

Tilen

gajraj
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2018 at 08:18

I am using Murata LoRa module having STM32L072 inside.

Posted on March 14, 2018 at 11:15

So, as

Turvey.Clive.002

‌ and

Majerle.Tilen

‌ have just said, take a look in the

datasheet for the

STM32L072

chip which is within theMurata LoRa module - that will tell you whether the particular chip actually has two LP UARTs inside it.

If

the chip does have two LP UARTs inside it, then the chipdatasheet

will also tell you whether the particular package makes theLP UART signals accessible on pins.

In addition, as the chip is within a module, you will also have to study the module's datasheet- to see if the modulemakes theLP UART signals accessible on its external pins.

Posted on March 14, 2018 at 13:09

Only ONE LPUART is described in the manual, there is even a Device Overview in Table 2, you will require less guidance if you RTFM containing the salient details.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/98/e1/71/c0/ae/f5/4b/d4/DM00141133.pdf/files/DM00141133.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00141133.pdf

The pins on the Murata design should permit the escape of 3 U(S)ART total as I recall.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..