Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw01m1 deauthenticated

infor
Associate III
Posted on December 05, 2016 at 21:32

Hello folks,

while experimenting with an idw01m1 module, I am experiencing deauthentication with the message:

WIND:40:WiFi Deauthentication 3

With the '2015' firmware, the module was unable to reconnect until WiFi was turned off and on.

With latest (2016) firmware the situation has improved a bit, and the module automatically reconnects.

I strongly suspect this behaviour has something to do with a timeout because:

1) it happens only if there is no data exchange

2) it happens exactly and systematically after 300 seconds from the last RX/TX.

Yet, I wasn't able to find a parameter either in the module or in the router to change it.

To connect, I execute this sequence after a factory reset:

at+s.scfg=wifi_wpa_psk_text,<password>

at+s.ssidtxt=<my SSID>

at+s.scfg=wifi_priv_mode,2

at+s.scfg=ip_use_dhcp,1

at+s.scfg=wifi_mode,1

at+s,wifi=0

at+s.wifi=1

Commands are written via console, so I am sure to wait for the correct answer.

With the automatic reconnection, the situation is not that bad. I just fear that DHCP can assign a different IP when the module re-authenticates. This would cause undesired behaviour in my application.

I am using a WPA2 personal authentication. The router is an ASUS N55U.

Hints?

1 REPLY 1
Posted on December 10, 2016 at 15:02

Ciao Giuseppe,

sorry for delay.

Release 2015 had some limitation on scan activity (this is why module was not able to join without a reset).

About latest FW:

- there is no timeout on module like this: 300 seconds

- reason 3 is never used from module (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 are used)

Here (

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/141136/80211-association-status-80211-deauth-reason-codes

) I found reason 3 meaning. I suspect AP is deauthenticating the module. If you can, log a wireshark session. You should find a deauth packet from AP to module.

Suggestion: I found this behavior on 'big' network's AP (i.e., public networks). After some time, AP deauth module if no traffic is found. To avoid this behavior'

- try to change AP settings

- or, AT+S.PING someone before timeout (i.e., every 256 seconds).

Suggestion #2: change configuration variables after AT+S.WIFI=0, and before AT+S.WIFI=1.

Regards

jerry