Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of lwIP embedded in STM32CubeMX

infor
Associate III
Posted on December 14, 2016 at 12:11

Hello ST,

I'd like to ask if there are plans to upgrade the lwIP embedded (1.5) in the Cube to the recent release 2.0.0

Meanwhile, I can assure that upgrading an existing Cube project is possible!

If someone is interested, I can attempt to remember how I did :D or better, share my whole lwIP directory.

This is cool, but when the Cube regenerates the code... bye-bye 2.0.

Cheers

Giuseppe

#stm32cubemx* #lwip
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bino
Senior
Posted on December 19, 2016 at 10:31

Hello Giuseppe,

There is a plan to upgrade LwIP from 1.5 to 2.0.0, this will come beginning of January for STM32F7 devices in 4.19 CubeMx release and then for STM32F4 and other series in releases (4.20 and later) coming after January.

Meanwhile, your solution to put LwIP stack files (from 2.0.0 release) in your project does effectively not support a new CubeMx code generation, since CubeMx purpose is to  guarantee your are using the proper LwIP version compatible with the code generator engine in CubeMX version used.

Regards.

/Eric A.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bino
Senior
Posted on December 19, 2016 at 10:31

Hello Giuseppe,

There is a plan to upgrade LwIP from 1.5 to 2.0.0, this will come beginning of January for STM32F7 devices in 4.19 CubeMx release and then for STM32F4 and other series in releases (4.20 and later) coming after January.

Meanwhile, your solution to put LwIP stack files (from 2.0.0 release) in your project does effectively not support a new CubeMx code generation, since CubeMx purpose is to  guarantee your are using the proper LwIP version compatible with the code generator engine in CubeMX version used.

Regards.

/Eric A.

infor
Associate III
Posted on December 20, 2016 at 16:47

Thank you Eric, this is good to know.

Meanwhile I can continue the development with the 'tricked' version of 2.0.0. Should I need to regenerate code with CubeMX, GIT will help me in reverting any undesired changes to lwIP.

KR

Giuseppe

Posted on February 01, 2017 at 02:54

For the STM32F4 and lwip 2.0.1, can we expect CubeMX (4.20 and later) to be out some time in February?

Thanks

Alec 

ildar valetov
Associate
Posted on August 14, 2017 at 12:16

Hello! Please describe the process of upgrading LWIP to 2.0.2 version

Posted on August 14, 2017 at 12:59

Hi

ildar.valetov

‌,

Please a new thread for this request.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.