Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link V2 corrupt

anagy9
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2017 at 02:14

Hi,

Today I noticed that the ST-Link on STM32F0Discovery board lost the connection with the MCU after about 10 seconds. I tried another programmer and that worked perfectly so something wrong with the Discovery board. I tried to connect to target with STLink Utility but it can't establish the connection.

I tried to reflash the firmware of the STLink but I get a message about the content of STLink is corrupt:

0690X00000607CrQAI.png

Device manager shows the STLink, I can program target controllers but I can not debug these.

Can I recover the STLink somehow? I tried to reset the controller by SB13 but the result was the led toggled red by seconds and the STLink upgrade can't see the controller.

Thanks!

Attila

#st-link-corrupt
2 REPLIES 2
anagy9
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2017 at 21:40

Today I downloaded the ST-Link FW updater and started the Java version. It can updated successfully.

Barber.Mark
Associate III
Posted on June 13, 2018 at 09:07

Yes i have the same problem. i downloaded the ST-LinkUpgrade.exe utility and it did manage to upgrade the STLINK but when i went back to the STLINK Utility it says the contents of the ST Link is corrupt. is this a mater of throw the unit out and buy another one???? given the time wasted on this i suspect it would be cheaper.

Mark