Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way for keeping my son out of death

chauvoluuhuong
Associate II
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 19:30

hi!!! 

when  using stm32f3 discovery board normally ,  the sudden  error has occurred  ,

so , i send some of  picture link  about my error 

https://screencloud.net/v/WFY

https://screencloud.net/v/whau

if u have experience about this , please help me , i very love my board 

thanks and best regards 

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on August 12, 2015 at 21:24

Did you change Keil or the Project before this occurred?

You're using the wrong DLL, you need to go back into the project options, and probably reselect the Target CPU, or reselect the Debugger, as an ST-Link Debugger, using SWD.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
chauvoluuhuong
Associate II
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 06:27

oh  excuse me  but , i have buy a new board , re-instant KEIL  ,  in addition , i have check very carefully that my Library i test is used for my kit , but i can't   be change this error  ,except that  i have to  use stm cube MX  with hal-library  

Posted on August 13, 2015 at 17:50

I don't see how reinstalling Keil is going to remedy this. The project is using a deprecated DLL, you need to reconfigure the project to use the current DLL.

Go into the Debug Settings for the project, and reselect and reconfigure the debugger as the ''ST-LINK Debugger''. Confirm if it can recognize the board there.

Osto
Senior
Posted on August 31, 2015 at 10:29

It seems that you use the wrong debug settings. First of all you have to update the the STM32F4Discovery's ST-Link to the actual version. you will find the update on ST pages of Discovery board.

To set the debuggers settings, right click on Project tree on the highes available tree entry and select ''Options for target .....''. then goto debug register, select ''ST-Link Debugger'' then press settings button. Select on tab debug ''SW'' (no JTAG) with 1MHz Clock. On register ''Flash download'' select Erase full chip or erase sectors, Program and verify.

you need also one section in programmin algorithm ''STM32F4xx, 1M, On-Chip- Flash, 08000000-080fffff''. For this section you need to add and search the correct memory type.

Take care also that you have only one debugger on your PC. If you have several debuggers which are supported by Keil, then you will have also problems because you cant decide which debugger is used. Keil use by random one of them.

Posted on August 31, 2015 at 14:53

Thing is, if it's the

https://screencloud.net/v/whau

, then dinking around with the ST-LINK isn't going to help. The new version of KEIL does not include the OLD DLL which the project is referring too. The project settings need to be refreshed to use the NEW DLL which is actually part of the KEIL install. It's not an ST supplied file.

The the board is not responsive when BOOT0 is strapped High, then look to an issue with the board/chip.