Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Data mode not available

sinemsenyurt
Associate
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 13:38

Hi everyone,

I'm using SPWF01SA.11 as a client in tcp connection but when i try to send escape_seq message getting ''ERROR: Data mode not available '' I'm wondering is there no data mode in tcp client connection? I get confuse little bit 

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on August 13, 2015 at 14:34

Hi,

socket client is always in command mode. Data mode is not available in this case.

Data mode switch is available in case of socket server: when a socket client connects to module, the module itself automatically switchs to data mode.

jerry

sinemsenyurt
Associate
Posted on August 14, 2015 at 14:54

I notice that after i post it thanks anyway. Communication could be faster with data mode because I'm using tiny mp. 

basavanagouda
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2016 at 21:05

Hi,

I'm using two SPWF01S module, I have configured one module as Access point act as server and another as a station (client) using AT commands(UART interface).

Client and server communication is happening client able to send data to server and I can see these data at the UART receive interrupt(I'm considering this as data arrival ).

But if  I send data from server to client how I can know that data is reach to client.

Is there any indication or command to see data arrival?

If I Use read AT command to read the data, it will read and give UART interrupt but in client to server data communication without read command UART interrupt is coming. 

How I can know sent data came to other end?

Please help me to solve this.

Thank you

Basavanagouda

Posted on August 23, 2016 at 21:29

Socket client: use '',ind'' parameter to SOCKON command to get an indication when something was received.

Socket server: automatically switches to data mode when something was received. Note that socket server has no AT commands.

basavanagouda
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2016 at 12:16

Hi,

I observed followings while communicating between two Wi-Fi 4click modules:

• At the Client side when its try to connect to server I’m using AT+S.SOCKON command to connect.

• In this command I can pass “indâ€� parameter which can indicate data arrival at the client side with “+WIND:55:Pending Dataâ€� on UART interrupt .

• Client side it is taking 500ms to receive WIND:55:Pending Data: interrupt.

• Server to client data transmission it takes only 5 to 6ms.

Please suggest how to solve this time delay at the client side.

Thank you

Basavanagouda

basavanagouda
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2016 at 12:43

Wifi Click have SPWF01S Module.  Please let me know how to reduce timing issue.

Is any setting need to do to reduce this or its SPWF01S Module is taking time to send data.

kindly Reply ASAP. It will help us a lot

Thank you

Basavanagouda