cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Nucleo L053R8?

joe2399
Associate II
Posted on August 22, 2015 at 16:10

I was developing a system on the Nucleo board.  I then moved it to a custom proto PCB which I was programming from the Nucleo on-board ST Link.  Everything was great up to that point.

When I reverted back to use the Nucleo on its own, I now get the error in EWARM: ''Do you want to perform a mass erase to unlock the device?''.  Choices are OK or Cancel.  Cancel obviously does nothing, and OK gives me a Busy window where it says it's flashing the program memory.  Then it just sits there indefinitely with the bi-color LED blinking at me.  

The jumpers for the ST Link are on, and I have changed nothing on the Nucleo board.  I pulled the jumpers and programmed the standalone board, and that still works.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Possibly ESD damage to the main part of the Nucleo board?

Joe 
2 REPLIES 2
raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on August 23, 2015 at 02:02

Try the Reset pushbutton.

Presumably you disconnected the custom board before attempting to program the Nucleo.

Cheers, Hal

joe2399
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2015 at 16:54

Yes, I disconnected the other board and it is a stand-alone Nucleo now, with the ST-Link jumpers reinstalled.  I have tried computer restarts, restarting IAR, unplugging/plugging it back in etc.  It just will not program now.  

I was just wondering if someone else had the same issue and found some strange workaround.  I'm thinking I must have zapped it somehow.  I'm just going to order a new Nucleo board at the whopping financial setback of $10.   🙂