Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL6180X

dave239955_stm1
Associate
Posted on April 21, 2015 at 17:00

Hi

I'm just bringing up a VL6180x mounted on a VL6180X-Satellite board with bit banging software. Everything has gone well so far, writing and reading registers etc, for proximity only application. The ranging output goes to a minimum of 18 at 100mm and shows a system error of 2? reading the RESULT__RANGE_STATUS register.

I found the AN4545 with the private register writes but this seems to differ slightly to one of your earlier replies to other queries? You have extra register writes! Is there a further update to this list.

Also I'm interested in being able to detect approach up to 400mm away and then going to fine approach as the device nears the target. Is this possible?

Regards

Dave B
2 REPLIES 2
Nickname681_O
Associate II
Posted on April 21, 2015 at 18:20

Dave,

With regard to the error code 02 which is a VCEL watchdog test failure error, the VCEL errors usually occur when there is a hardware issue.  If you send me a copy of your schematic and layout to

mailto:kenneth.weiner@st.com

I will review it to see if I can spot anything that could cause the issue.

It is possible to change the range based on the conditions.  You can adjust the registers from the config file as needed.  In your email, please also send a bit more about you application including environmental conditions and I’ll send you the extended ranging configuration setting in an email. And how to change between the two.    

Ken W @ ST

mchatouri9
Associate
Posted on September 26, 2016 at 11:23

Dear Mr. Weiner,

your e-mail address is not working. I'm getting delivery fail report when I try to send you an e-mail.