Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLueNRG: No Advertizing

torsten2
Associate II
Posted on May 12, 2015 at 11:08

Hello,

I want to use a BlueNRG as HCI device. I�ve used the ACI Command Write_Config_Data to set a public address (0xaa, 0x00, 0x00, 0xE1, 0x80, 0x02). I use the HCI command �LE Set Advertising Data Command� and finally use the HCI command �

LE Set Advertise Enable Command�.

All that commands report successfully execution but when using a generic BLE Client (like BLExplr on iOS), I can not see any advertising Device. What am I�m missing? I don�t want to use the GATT/ATT stack of the BlueNRG, because I want to use BlueNRG to test my own GATT stack.

Thank you for every tipp or comment on this.

Cheers,

Torsten

#bluenrg-advertizing
5 REPLIES 5
torsten2
Associate II
Posted on May 12, 2015 at 12:42

In addition, I've used an ubertooth to see if there are any advertising packages, but there are none.

torsten2
Associate II
Posted on May 12, 2015 at 18:22

I've added a HCI_LE_Read_Advertizing_Channel_Tx_Power command and received the value 8dBm. Is this a reasonable value?

torsten2
Associate II
Posted on May 13, 2015 at 09:03

I found the information, that there is a known bug in the BlueNRG (

ID 868). Issueing 4 commands in defined order works and I can see now my advertising data.

hardware
Associate II
Posted on September 28, 2015 at 21:28

Hi,

Could you pinpoint me to the source of the bug you describe (bug ID 868)? and the corresponding sequence of commands

Thanks!

Posted on October 01, 2015 at 12:13

Hi,

this is a limitation of fw stack version 6.4:

• ID 868: The use of HCI commands for advertising needs to follow a particular sequence to ensure correct outcome: 1) HCI_LE_SET_ADVERTISING_PARAMETERS; 2) HCI_LE_SET_ADVERTISING_DATA; 3) HCI_LE_SET_SCAN_RESPONSE_DATA; 4) HCI_LE_SET_ADVERTISE_ENABLE
(refer to release note).

Regards,

GM